Friday, March 27

a repeat post (from thumbnail sketches)


Special moments for me are those that come unexpected though I must say not all that come unexpected are special. But this one is: It was about six in the evening. The sun had set but the sky was still tangerine and it held for a few minutes more. I stood in the quiet for a while enjoying the view, smelling the waft of blooming ilang-ilang in the breeze, taking it all in. It was enough to make my day. Then a hummingbird suddenly flew down from nowhere and perched on a twig somewhere near, making noise that could mean a scolding or a warning. It was quite different from what we usually hear in the morning when their calls are sweet and far between. I heard a baby bird call getting louder while the mama continued making a racket, perching from twig to twig. Then it stopped. There was a soft chirping and then there were more. I carefully moved towards the sound for it was getting dark and I didn't want to scare the birds. Then the moon appeared (it was full and yellow!) and there, perched side by side, were five baby birds and a mama, backlighted by the moon.

2 comments:

Char said...

what a beautiful moment captured - excellent sketch

sally said...

thanks char...