Monday, July 6

i love you jazz the way you are


My cousin Wet introduced me to jazz, and big bands. Before that, I never heard of Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald, Stan Getz, Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker or Joe Sample and his contemporaries. Then I fell in love with Manhattan Transfer, Chuck Mangione, the Crusaders, Noel Pointer, George Benson, to mention just a few. Listening to their music makes me feel alive... gives me a reason to be, sort of.

We also have jazz singers and performers here in the Philippines.. but I haven't heard of their renditions anymore, live or on radio. Many of the Filipinos are just not into it. I feel a little sad that talented Filipino jazz artists like Jacqui Magno stopped having concerts because there's just too little demand for her musical forte. Lately, however, there's a good number of local talents like Sitti, Richard Poon and Nina who dared to be different. Sitti's samba sounds good and Richard Poon's I'll Take Care of You sounds romantic. Nina's stylized rendition of classics is fresh and scintillating.

I am not saying that jazz performers don't have a following here. They do have a good number from the A and B crowd..those who have "the" taste for it and at the same time can afford a 4-digit tickets. So for the rest of us who may have the taste but don't have a grand or two for the ticket will just have to wait for 2 weeks or maybe a month for the televised version. Fair enough, I think.

But then, we can always download. Right?


Photo of Chuck Mangione from www.starpulse.com

7 comments:

Char said...

I love jazz too but most of it I listen to is on the radio

GiGi said...

Living in New Orleans (the birthplace of Jazz) for a few years really spoiled me. I miss all the good live shows, and most of all, their yearly Jazz Fest.

Bonnie Bonsai said...

Until I discover You Tube, thanks to my daughters who introduced me into a lot of internet activities besides googling Research Work for their school, I no longer have trouble or problem with music.

I, for one, can't afford to watch live concert. If there is free, I am lazy going into the hassle of travelling to go to the venue unless I happen to be around the area. I usually watch it on TV, if not, listen it on radio. And when I do things on pc, I You Tube. I even have my own profile in You Tube just to collect all sorts of music I want.

A.J.Johnson said...

I never go to Border's that I do not stop in at the music section to listen to "Jazz", and most times "forced" by that little voice in my head to take a CD home. Great post...

Regards,
A.J.

逼逼 said...

性功能障礙 ,陽萎 ,陽痿 ,生物科技 ,壯陽 ,男性疾病 ,性功能 ,韭菜籽 ,起陽籽 ,高血壓 ,外遇 ,徵信 ,徵信社 ,外遇 ,外遇 ,徵信社 ,徵信 ,徵信社 ,外遇 ,徵信 ,徵信社 ,失眠 ,安養中心 ,老人癡呆症 ,疝氣 ,看護 ,情緒管理 ,微整型美容 ,精神分裂症 ,憂鬱症 ,瘦身減肥 ,baby ,月子餐 ,孕婦 ,生產 ,坐月子 ,坐月子中心

I LOVE YOU said...

avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,AV女優

tiger said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社