Tuesday, April 21

hello, sentinel...


turning
from watching the moon
my comfortable old shadow
led me home.
-from an old Japanese collection of poems
-the painting by sally

I've always been fascinated by the moon, not so much with its facts and theories as a heavenly body but rather on how its reflected light illuminate roof tops and tree canopies, creating long shadows on the ground, transforming an otherwise dreary scenery into dreamland :-)

It all started when I was ten years old. I saw a painting featured in a magazine, of an evening sky- the moon as the focal point was full, pale yellow, radiant and to my adoring eyes, beautiful. Below the painting was the caption: The Sentinel.

2 comments:

Char said...

gorgeous painting - you are so very talented. I like the poem to go with it.

sally said...

char:

thanks for the compliment :-)

coming from you, it's a big deal for me...

sally